Op Reddit is de onderstaande waslijst aan details over de closed alpha naar buiten gebracht:
- Version of the Closed Alpha is 0.1.0
- The air-plane map, named “Plane”, has the following (named) zones: Seating Journalist, Bathroom, Exterior, Cargo, Cargo Entrance, First Aid, Cargo Room A, Cargo Room B, Military Seating, Stairs Cockpit, Kitchen Prep, Seating Staff,
- The plane map has the following CAMs in “Support Mode” (after one’s death): Luggage Hold, Cabin Staff, Main Corridor, (plus atleast 2 more)
- The designated names of different areas (above) will be helpful in planning out a round and in voice-comms
- The map is huge! The plane is also very huge with detailed in-door environments (with fantastic lighting), multiple floors etc.
- CTUs: GIGN (atleast 3 CTUs will be in the closed-alpha)
- Primary Weapons: MP5 MLI (stock color in closed-alpha is golden), P90, 591A1, FAMAS G2, K33 NATO, G36C,
- Secondary Weapons: NP-9, Model 586, MAC11, 226 MK25, M45 MEUSOC,
- Gadgets: Barbed Wire (hurts and slows down attackers), Sledgehammer (a breaching hammer to breach through destructible surfaces), Deployable Shield (crouch-height cover that blocks all weapon damage), Breach Charge, Stun Grenade, EMP Grenade (disables any electronics in range), Shock-Drone (disables traps and also shocks enemies), Frag, Bonfire Launcher,
- Defenders / Attackers Types: Recruit (can be picked by more than one player and has the most customization options), Thatcher (Attacker – UK flag on his arm), Twitch (Attacker – WIP, plus a GIGN tag on his arm), Sledge (Attacker), Ash (Attacker – probably the female operator),(a total of 11 types are available, recruit is common to both Attacker and Defenders, plus 5 unique types for both Attacker / Defender, each)
- Moreover, each kit has a specific icon
- Each Defender / Attacker / CTU type has a specific “bonus” ability: Recruit (Croix Rogue – Improved revive ability), Thatcher (Gas Mask – Damage received from smoke is reduced and also no coughing will happen)
- Knifing is confirmed!
- Grenade explosion has a deafening effect that lasts around 5 seconds or so
- Scoring Points: Barricading: +5, Injure: +50, Injure Assist: +50, Confirm Kill: +50, Kill Assist: +75, Kill: +100, Headshot: +50, Gadget Destroyed: +10,
- Barricading can be destroyed by team-mates
- When injured, you can move/crawl to get to safety
- The voice-overs in the video were in English, but the accent was French
- The animation for climbing up ladders is not yet properly implemented, as it can been in the screenshot that there’s a gap between the player and ladder
- When hit, your screen gets zoom-blurred for a moment
- When an enemy player notices and shoots at you, you can see the white hit-direction-indicators on-screen
- This area shows the health of your player, and probably body-armor type/ status. The shirt icon probably shows that the player isn’t wearing any armour
- Magazine Reloading: If you have ammo 1/269 and you reload, you get to 31/239 (for the MP5 MLI). Moreover, the reload animation restarts if interrupted by another action
- DEATH REPLAY (aka 1st-person Kill-Cam) of around 7 seconds is shown after one’s death, which can also be “skipped”
- Additionally, there’s an END OF ROUND REPLAY as well
- A decisive round shows “MATCH POINT” on the top of timer-clock
- DAMAGE LOG (top-right) indicating the damage done by your killer is shown in the DEATH REPLAY screen
- End-of-Round screen shows ROUND GRAPH (time-line of kills etc.) and ROUND REPORT (scores, K/D, etc.)
- Some of the stuff shows WIP (work in progress). The textures also read “ALPHA” at some places on the map.
Als fijn extraatje zijn ook de volgende screenshots meegeleverd, die de focus leggen op een vliegtuig-level uit Rainbow Six Siege:
Als kers op de taart worden we ook nog verwend met een gameplayvideo van de gesloten alpha.
Rainbow Six: Siege wordt ontwikkeld door Ubisoft Montreal en uitgegeven door Ubisoft. De alpha is exclusief verschenen voor de PC, maar de volledige game zal ergens in 2015 ook worden uitgebracht voor de PlayStation 4 en Xbox One.