Het Algemene Science Fiction Topic
De titel verraadt het al een beetje.
Discussieer of deel hier over van alles en nog wat m.b.t science-fiction.
Een korte beschrijving van Wikipedia;
Science fiction is a genre of speculative fiction dealing with imaginative concepts such as futuristic science and technology, space travel, time travel, faster than light travel, parallel universes and extraterrestrial life. Science fiction often explores the potential consequences of scientific and other innovations, and has been called a "literature of ideas." It usually eschews the supernatural, and unlike the related genre of fantasy, historically science fiction stories were intended to have at least a faint grounding in science-based fact or theory at the time the story was created, but this connection has become tenuous or non-existent in much of science fiction.
Science fiction is largely based on writing rationally about alternative possible worlds or futures. It is similar to, but differs from fantasy in that, within the context of the story, its imaginary elements are largely possible within scientifically established or scientifically postulated physical laws (though some elements in a story might still be pure imaginative speculation).
The settings of science fiction are often contrary to those of consensus reality, but most science fiction relies on a considerable degree of suspension of disbelief, which is facilitated in the reader's mind by potential scientific explanations or solutions to various fictional elements. Science fiction elements include:
● A time setting in the future, in alternative timelines, or in a historical past that contradicts known facts of history or the archaeological record.
● A spatial setting or scenes in outer space (e.g. spaceflight), on other worlds, or on subterranean earth.
● Characters that include aliens, mutants, androids, or humanoid robots and other types of characters arising from a future human evolution.
● Futuristic or plausible technology such as ray guns, teleportation machines, and humanoid computers.
● Scientific principles that are new or that contradict accepted physical laws, for example time travel, wormholes, or faster-than-light travel or communication.
● New and different political or social systems, e.g. utopian, dystopian, post-scarcity, or post-apocalyptic.
● Paranormal abilities such as mind control, telepathy, telekinesis (i.e. "The Force" in Star Wars), and teleportation.
● Other universes or dimensions and travel between them.